Got content marketing?
Where do your branded content marketing efforts stack up in the context of the following numbers? Does your meaningful competitive advantage come through clearly in your on-line efforts? Have you seen how actual sales or customer engagement has improved in lock-step with your investment – or better? Perhaps not? Chances are good you’re considering some form of content marketing or you’ve already deployed it:
- 79% of marketers report their organizations are shifting to branded content
- 72% of marketers think that branded content is more effective than magazine advertisements
- 69% say it’s superior to direct mail and PR
Here’s the challenge. Content marketing is complicated! As Kirsty Hulse says:
“Unless you’ve been living under a rock over the past few years you will have been witness to the surge in brands adopting content marketing strategies. In fact, according to the Content Marketing Institute’s Budgets and Trends report 80% of brands are engaged in content marketing and this is set to increase, with 50% of us planning to spend even more of it in the future. At the same time however, less than half of us believe that we’re any good at it, and only 79% can successfully track ROI from it. So in a nutshell, we’re throwing money and resource at something because we feel as though we should, rather than really understanding or seeing value from it. Worse still, despite not being able to see or understand the value, we’re throwing more and more money and time in the pot.” Source: Is content marketing a waste of your time and money? – State of Digital
If you’re looking to add someone to your team who can help make sense of it all, please read on. In the past 10 years, I…
- Served as Director, Marketing and Technology for VITAL WorkLife
- Served as Manager, Digital Marketing for Kestrel Aircraft
- Consulted with over 100 clients on six continents on content marketing and SEO issues
- Wrote and taught the content marketing curriculum for the marketing program at Northeast Wisconsin Technical College
- Taught the Social Media course for Business Education at Northeast Wisconsin Technical College
- Launched over 100 SEO optimized content management systems and over 500 optimized social media pages or profiles
In a recent assignment, the marketing team’s plan and goal was to rearchitect and convert the existing website to a WordPress multisite content management system (CMS), launch 9 social network presences , integrate the HubSpot marketing automation system into the organization’s HubSpot CRM system [this provided the sales team with greater knowledge about a prospect’s activity on our website prior to the first sales call]. Alexa rankings improved for our site and went from “irrelevant” to within the top 250k sites in the United States within 3 months and the sales cycle shortened by 20%. While your mileage may vary, I have deep skills in marketing, sales AND technology and can produce similar results for you.
You can find the show notes here. Whether you’re looking for part time help on a project or to fill a slot in your org chart with a great team player, please connect below to start a dialogue.