Susan Harrow writes:
So many people call themselves thought leaders now – but they aren’t. To be a thought leader takes some doing. It’s not so much about being original as it is about putting things together in an original way. It comes down to packaging your knowledge, skills, abilities, experiences, and yes, your thoughts in a way that makes you media worthy and worth listening to by your audience—a huge audience. Follow these nine steps to get going on the path to be respected, heard and reverberated out into the world.
Full story at: 9 Steps to Be a Thought Leader — and Become a Media Darling ׀ Susan Harrow | PRSecrets Blog.
Susan has some great ideas on how to achieve thought leadership, however, I think she leaves out one important point in her article: you have to document your work in a way that people can find it! Maybe I’m being Captain Obvious here, but while you read her article, think about how you can leverage business blogging and social networking to provide social proof of your thought leadership…
If this is all geeks to you comment below and asked me how you can get started! I have developed an efficient, cost-effective workflow that you can use as a platform for transformational thought leadership…
- Guest Blog Post: 3 Reasons YOU Are Not A Thought Leader (zemanta.com)
- Ways to be a Thought Leader (psychologytoday.com)
- Don’t Tell Me You’re a Thought-Leader: Just Be One (socialmediatoday.com)
- 5 thought leaders who have helped shape my life… (living-business.co)
- 5 reasons why you should consider blogging (zemanta.com)
- Quick Impact Thought Leadership With Minimal Marketing Resources (marketingsavant.com)
- 5 Reasons Your Company Blog Fails at Thought Leadership (business2community.com)
- Attract More Clients by Connecting with Thought Leaders (theresadelgado.com)
2 thoughts on “9 Steps to Be a Thought Leader”