Heidi Cohen shares this valuable tidbit today:
About nine out of ten B2B marketers use social media to distribute their content marketing according to recent research by the Content Marketing Institute and MarketingProfs. On average these marketers use five social media sites to spread their content marketing more broadly through social sharing.
For B2B marketers, this requires that your content marketing be formatted to work well on the social media platforms where you place it and that you encourage readers to share it. (Here’s a chart showing how to leverage different types of content marketing across social media.)
Respondents cited fourteen different social media platforms that they used to distribute content. (Here’s additional research and analysis from the content marketing survey.) Half of the social media venues were used by over 20% of respondents.
Go to the source if you’d like to have the rest of Heidi’s insights – come back here if you’re not sure how to put them into practice!
- Almost All B2B Marketers Do Content Marketing, But Only 36 Percent Think It’s Effective [STUDY] (impressiveweb.net)
- 2013 B2B Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends (marketingprofs.com)
- 100+ B2B Content Marketing Statistics for 2013 (toprankblog.com)
- B2B & Inbound Marketing Tips: Content Marketing Edition (amplify-interactive.com)
- 18 Growing B2B Content Marketing Trends to Share – Social Media B2B (3forward.com)
- Five Traits of Successful B2B Content Marketers (socialmediatoday.com)
- Social Marketing Budgets Increase For B2Bs (mediapost.com)
- 18 Growing B2B Content Marketing Trends to Share (socialmediab2b.com)
- Study: LinkedIn Leads in B2B Marketing for the First Time (socialtimes.com)
- Research Finds B2B Marketers Increasing Investments in Online Video for Content Marketing (reelseo.com)