My “old post promoter” picked a doozy this time! A year ago, I was quite unhappy with my smartphone choices, but don’t worry — there’s a happy ending that I’ll write later this week after you’ve read parts 1 and 2…
“Wow! What does THIS say about us?
“Smartphones tied with sex as the number one thing that business professionals can not live without in a study from cloud-based business phone system provider, RingCentral. In a survey among RingCentral’s small to medium-sized business customers in the U.S., the importance of the smartphone in daily and business life was reiterated over and over again.
The study, which surveyed nearly 400 customers, showed that smartphones are taking on the defacto role in business communication.
Here are some highlights:
- Smartphones and intimate relationships tied at 40% for the number one thing respondents can’t live without.
- 79% of respondents use their smartphones to conduct most business calls, versus an office phone or home phone.
- 34% use a smartphone more than a computer for business. 7% even said they don’t take their laptops with them when they travel for business if they have a smartphone.
- 48% of respondents said that at least two-thirds of their phone communication is via smartphone.
None of this data is particularly surprising, except for the shift to using a smartphone as a primary business device. Thanks to platforms like Android (Android) and the iPhone, you really can do a lot of work from your mobile device.” Source: Business Professionals Can’t Live Without Sex or Smartphones [STATS]
Speaking of sex and smartphones or maybe sexy smartphones, I’m going to take this opportunity to rant about the iPhone AND Android phones for a moment. Excuse my language, but they both suck! That’s right — they suck! Why the iPhone? Because #1 it’s a closed system — yeah, there’s an app for that but they must all be approved by Big Brother at Apple — and #2 because AT&T is the worst cellular network in the world!
Android phones, however, are a different issue and I’ll take them up tomorrow…”
Current Related articles
- Android Wins in the U.S. Smartphone Wars [REPORT] (mashable.com)
- Android Phones Surpass iPhone in Web Traffic [Smartphones] (lifehacker.com)
- Is Apple Delaying the Release of iPhone 5? (mashable.com)