Melody Beattie writes:
Try harder. Do better. Be perfect. These messages are tricks that people have played on us. No matter how hard we try, we think we have to do better. Perfection always eludes us and keeps us unhappy with the good we’ve done.
Messages of perfectionism are tricks because we can never achieve their goal. We cannot feel good about ourselves or what we have done while these messages are driving us. We will never be good enough until we change the
messages and tell ourselves we are good enough now.
We can start approving of and accepting ourselves. Who we are is good
enough. Our best yesterday was good enough; our best today is plenty good
We can be who we are, and do it the way we do it – today. That is the
essence of avoiding perfection.
Help me let go of the messages that drive me into the crazies. I will
give myself permission to be who I am and let that be good enough.” Source: Daily SNIPS Discussion: 062706 0507-1111 – DailyStrength
- Sadness (toddlohenry.com)
- Recognizing Choices (toddlohenry.com)
- Affirm Yourself… (toddlohenry.com)
- Codepedence is not just an issue for partners of addicts (toddlohenry.com)
- Letting the Cycles Flow (toddlohenry.com)
- Rise to the Occasion (toddlohenry.com)
- …on Control (toddlohenry.com)
- You have the power (toddlohenry.com)
- Feeling Good (toddlohenry.com)
- …on Taking One Day at a Time (toddlohenry.com)