Melody Beattie writes:
Master the lessons of your present circumstances.
We do not move forward by resisting what is undesirable in our life today. We move forward, we grow, we change by acceptance.
Avoidance is not the key; surrender opens the door.
Listen to this truth: We are each in our present circumstances for a reason. There is a lesson, a valuable lesson that must be learned before we can move forward.
Something important is being worked out in us, and in those around us. We may not be able to identify it today; but we can know that it is important. We can know it is good.
Overcome not by force, overcome by surrender. The battle is fought, and won, inside ourselves. We must go through it until we learn, until we accept, until we become grateful, until we are set free.
Today, I will be open to the lessons of my present circumstances. I do not have to label, know, or understand what I’m learning; I will see clearly in time. For today, trust and gratitude are sufficient.
Maybe I should change the name of this blog to The Daily Beattie?! :-D
- Sadness (toddlohenry.com)
- …on Control (toddlohenry.com)
- Are You Making Someone Else Your Higher Power? (toddlohenry.com)
- Codepedence is not just an issue for partners of addicts (toddlohenry.com)
- Letting the Cycles Flow (toddlohenry.com)
- …on feeling good (toddlohenry.com)
- Loving Ourselves Unconditionally (toddlohenry.com)
- Go easy (toddlohenry.com)